The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Cable service. - Defined in G.S. 105-164.3.
(2) Cable system. - Defined in 47 U.S.C. 522.
(3) Channel. - A portion of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum that is used in a cable system and is capable of delivering a television channel.
(4) Existing agreement. - A local franchise agreement that was awarded under G.S. 153A-137 or G.S. 160A-319 and meets either of the following:
a. Is in effect on January 1, 2007.
b. Expired before January 1, 2007, and the cable service provider under the agreement provides cable service to subscribers in the franchise area on January 1, 2007.
(5) Pass a household. - Make service available to a household, regardless of whether the household subscribes to the service.
(6) PEG channel. - A public, educational, or governmental access channel provided to a county or city.
(7) Secretary. - The Secretary of State.
(8) Video programming. - Defined in G.S. 105-164.3. (2006-151, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014