The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Department. - Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
(2) Large vessel marina. - A marina that has docking facilities and has more than 10 wet slips for vessels of 26 feet or more that have marine sanitation devices. The term includes privately and publicly owned marinas and anchorages.
(3) Marine sanitation device. - As defined in 33 U.S.C. 1322. The term does not include "portable toilets" as defined in this act.
(4) Portable toilet. - A self-contained mobile toilet facility and holding tank for sewage.
(5) Pumpout facility. - The term includes stations affixed permanently to a dock, mobile stations mounted to a golf cart or hand truck, direct slipside connections, pumpout vessels, and tanker trucks.
(6) Sewage. - Treated or untreated human waste. As used in this act, the term includes effluent produced or held by any type of marine sanitation device.
(7) Vessel. - As defined in G.S. 75A-2. (2009-345, s. 1; 2010-180, s. 21(b).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014