For purposes of this article:
(1) "Board" means the board of commissioners of Mecklenburg and Gaston Counties, North Carolina and the county council of York County, South Carolina.
(2) "Commission" means the Lake Wylie Marine Commission or its governing board as the case may be.
(3) "Commissioner" means a member of the governing board of the Lake Wylie Marine Commission.
(4) "Three counties" means Mecklenburg and Gaston Counties, North Carolina, and York County, South Carolina.
(5) "Joint ordinance" means an ordinance substantially identical in content adopted separately by the board in each of the three counties.
(6) "Lake Wylie" means the impounded body of water along the Catawba River in the three counties extending from the base of Mountain Island Dam downstream to the Catawba Dam.
(7) "Shoreline area" means, except as restricted by a joint ordinance, the area within the three counties lying within 1000 feet of the mean high-water line (570 feet) on Lake Wylie. In addition, the shoreline area includes all islands within Lake Wylie and all peninsulas extending into the waters of Lake Wylie.
(8) "Wildlife Commission" means the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission and the South Carolina Department of Wildlife and Marine Resources. (1987, c. 683, s. 2; 1987 (Reg. Sess., 1988), c. 897, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014