For purposes of this Article:
(1) "Boards" means the Boards of Commissioners of Davidson and Rowan Counties.
(2) "Commission" means the High Rock Lake Marine Commission or its governing board, as the case may be.
(3) "Commissioner" means a member of the governing board of the High Rock Lake Marine Commission.
(4) High Rock Reservoir, known for purposes of this Article as "High Rock Lake", means the impounded body of water along the Yadkin River in the two counties extending from High Rock Dam, located at mile 253 on the Yadkin River, upstream approximately 19 miles.
(5) "Joint ordinance" means an ordinance substantially identical in content adopted separately by the board in each of the two counties.
(6) "Shoreline area" means, except as restricted by a joint ordinance, the area within the two counties lying within 500 feet of the normal full pool elevation of 655 (Yadkin, Inc. datum) on High Rock Lake. In addition, the shoreline area shall include all islands within High Rock Lake and all peninsulas extending into the waters of High Rock Lake.
(7) "Two counties" means Davidson and Rowan Counties.
(8) "Wildlife Commission" means the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. (1993, c. 355, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014