(a) The court shall conduct a pretrial hearing. However, the court may combine the pretrial hearing with the adjudicatory hearing on termination in which case no separate pretrial hearing order is required. At the pretrial hearing, the court shall consider the following:
(1) Retention or release of provisional counsel.
(2) Whether a guardian ad litem should be appointed for the juvenile, if not previously appointed.
(3) Whether all summons, service of process, and notice requirements have been met.
(4) Any pretrial motions.
(5) Any issues raised by any responsive pleading, including any affirmative defenses.
(6) Any other issue which can be properly addressed as a preliminary matter.
(b) Written notice of the pretrial hearing shall be in accordance with G.S. 7B-1106 and G.S. 7B-1106.1. (2009-311, s. 13.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014