In this Article, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" or "Board of Certification" means the Water Treatment Facility Operators Board of Certification.
(2) "Operator" means a person who operates, maintains or inspects water treatment facilities.
(3) "Operator in responsible charge" means a person designated by the owner of the water treatment facility to be responsible for the total operation and maintenance of the facility.
(4) "Public water system" means a system for the provision of piped water for human consumption as defined in G.S. 130A-313(10).
(5) "Unit of local government" means a county, city, consolidated city-county, sanitary district or other local political subdivision, authority or agency of local government.
(6) "Water treatment facility" means any facility or facilities used or available for use in the collection, treatment, testing, storage, pumping, or distribution of water for a public water system. (1989, c. 227, s. 2.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014