(a) As used in this Part:
(1) "Animal waste" means liquid residuals resulting from an animal operation that are collected, treated, stored, or applied to the land through an animal waste management system.
(2) "Application" means laying, spreading on, irrigating, or injecting animal waste onto land.
(3) "Commission" means the Water Pollution Control System Operators Certification Commission.
(4) "Operator in charge" means a person who holds a currently valid certificate to operate an animal waste management system and who has primary responsibility for the operation of the system.
(5) "Owner" means the person who owns or controls the land used for agricultural purposes or the person's lessee or designee.
(b) The definitions set out in G.S. 143-215.10B, other than the definition of "animal waste", apply to this Part. (1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 626, s. 6(b).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014