(A) For the purposes of selling securities in this state, except securities that are the subject matter of transactions enumerated in section 1707.03 of the Revised Code, an investment company, as defined by the Investment Company Act of 1940, that is registered or has filed a registration statement with the securities and exchange commission under the Investment Company Act of 1940, shall file the following with the division of securities:
(1) A notice filing consisting of either of the following:
(a) A copy of the investment company's federal registration statement as filed with the securities and exchange commission;
(b) A form U-1 or form NF of the North American securities administrators association.
(2) Appropriate filing fees consisting of both of the following:
(a) A flat fee of one hundred dollars;
(b) A fee calculated at one-tenth of one per cent of the aggregate price at which the securities are to be sold to the public in this state, which calculated fee, however, shall in no case be less than one hundred or more than one thousand dollars.
(1) Upon payment of the maximum filing fees as provided in division (A)(2) of this section, an investment company may sell an indefinite amount of securities in this state.
(2) An investment company making a notice filing as provided in this section shall comply with section 1707.11 of the Revised Code. An investment company that previously filed with the division a valid consent to service of process pursuant to section 1707.11 of the Revised Code may incorporate that consent by reference.
(1) For offerings involving covered securities, as defined in section 18 of the "Securities Act of 1933," 15 U.S.C. 77r, that are not subject to section 1707.02, 1707.03, 1707.04, 1707.06, 1707.08, 1707.09, or 1707.091 of the Revised Code, or division (A) of this section, a notice filing shall be submitted to the division together with a consent to service of process pursuant to section 1707.11 of the Revised Code and a filing fee as provided in division (A)(2) of this section.
(2) The notice filing described in division (C)(1) of this section shall consist of any document filed with the securities and exchange commission pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933, together with annual or periodic reports of the value of the securities sold or offered to be sold to persons located in this state.
(D) A notice filing submitted under this section shall be effective for thirteen months.
Effective Date: 06-18-2002Section: Previous 1707.043 1707.05 1707.06 1707.07 1707.08 1707.09 1707.091 1707.092 1707.093 1707.10 1707.11 1707.12 1707.13 1707.131 1707.14 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016