(A) The credit union council shall do all of the following:
(1) Consult with, advise, and make recommendations to the superintendent of financial institutions and the deputy superintendent for credit unions on matters relating to the business for credit unions, including field of membership, regulation, examination, safety and soundness, and applications of credit unions under this chapter;
(2) Consider and make recommendations upon any matter addressed in Chapters 1733. and 1761. of the Revised Code that the superintendent or deputy superintendent submits to the council for that purpose;
(3) Pass upon and determine any matter the superintendent or deputy superintendent submits to the council for determination;
(4) Submit to the governor recommendations concerning amendments to the credit union laws of this state or rules adopted pursuant to those laws that the council considers appropriate;
(5) Consider and determine whether to confirm the supervisory fees proposed by the superintendent of financial institutions in accordance with division (E) of section 1733.32 of the Revised Code.
(6) With respect to the adoption, amendment, or recission of rules adopted pursuant to this chapter, be present at the public hearing required by section 119.03 of the Revised Code and provide recommendations, advice, or assistance at the public hearing.
(B) Neither the deputy superintendent, nor any other member of the council, shall be liable, in any civil or criminal action or proceeding, for any mistake of judgment or discretion in any action taken, or in any omission made, in good faith by the deputy superintendent or other member.
Effective Date: 09-22-2000Section: Previous 1733.323 1733.324 1733.325 1733.326 1733.327 1733.328 1733.329 1733.3210 1733.33 1733.34 1733.341 1733.35 1733.36 1733.361 1733.37 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016