Ohio Revised Code § 1745.53 - Jurisdiction Of Court Over Winding Up Of Affairs Of Voluntarily Dissolved Unincorporated Nonprofit Association.

(A) Without limiting the generality of its authority, the court of common pleas of the county in this state in which is located the principal office of a voluntarily dissolved unincorporated nonprofit association or of an unincorporated nonprofit association whose period of existence has expired, upon the complaint of the association, a majority of the managers, or a creditor or member of the association and upon notice to all of the managers and any other interested persons that the court considers proper, at any time may order and adjudge in regard to the following matters:

(1) The presentation and proof of all claims and demands against the association and of all rights, interests, or liens in or on any of its property, the fixing of the time within which and the manner in which that proof shall be made and the person to whom that presentation shall be made, and the barring from participation in any distribution of assets of all persons failing to make and present proofs as required by the order of the court;

(2) The stay of the prosecution of any proceeding against the association or involving any of its property, and the requirement that the parties to it present and prove their claims, demands, rights, interests, or liens at the time and in the manner required of creditors or others, or the grant of leave to bring or maintain an independent proceeding to enforce liens;

(3) The settlement or determination of all claims of every nature against the association or any of its property, the determination of the assets required to be retained to pay or provide for the payment of those claims or any claim, the determination of the assets available for distribution among members and others, and the making of new parties to the proceeding so far as the court considers proper for the determination of all matters;

(4) The determination of the rights of members or others in and to the assets of the association;

(5) The presentation and the filing of intermediate and final accounts of the managers or of the liquidators and hearings on them, the allowance, disallowance, or settlement of those accounts, and the discharge of the managers, the liquidators, or any of them from their duties and liabilities;

(6) The appointment of a special master commissioner to hear and determine any matters with the authority that the court considers proper;

(7) The filling of any vacancies in the number of managers or liquidators if the managers are unable to act on the vacancies for want of a quorum or for any other reason;

(8) The appointment of a receiver, in accordance with the usages of a court in equitable matters, to wind up the affairs of the association, to take custody of any of its property, or for any other purpose;

(9) The issuance or entry of any injunction or any other order that the court considers proper in the administration of the trust involved in the winding up of the affairs of the association and the giving of notice of it;

(10) The allowance and payment of compensation to the managers or any of them, to liquidators, to a receiver, to the attorney for the complainant, or to any person properly rendering services beneficial to the association or to those interested in it;

(11) The entry of a judgment or decree that, if it so provides, may operate as the deed or other instrument ordered to be executed, or the appointment of a master to execute that deed or instrument in the name of the association with the same effect as if executed by an authorized manager pursuant to authority conferred by the managers or by the members of the association if there is no manager competent to execute the deed or instrument, if the association or its managers do not perform or comply with a judgment or decree of court, or if the court considers it proper.

(B) A judicial proceeding under this section concerning the winding up of the affairs of an unincorporated nonprofit association is a special proceeding, and final orders in the proceeding may be vacated, modified, or reversed on appeal pursuant to the Rules of Appellate Procedure and, to the extent not in conflict with those rules, Chapter 2505. of the Revised Code.

Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.79, HB 267, ยง1, eff. 5/22/2012.

Section: Previous  1745.45  1745.46  1745.461  1745.47  1745.48  1745.49  1745.50  1745.51  1745.52  1745.53  1745.54  1745.55  1745.56  1745.57    Next

Last modified: October 10, 2016