Effective January 1, 2010, Chapter 1775 is repealed and no longer governs partnerships. 2008 HB332.
(A) A partner is co-owner with his partners of specific partnership property holding as a tenant in partnership.
(B) The incidents of this tenancy are such that:
(1) A partner, subject to this chapter, and to any agreement between the partners, has an equal right with his partners to possess specific partnership property for partnership purposes; but he has no right to possess the property for any other purpose without the consent of his partners.
(2) A partner's right in specific partnership property is not assignable except in connection with the assignment of rights of all the partners in the same property.
(3) A partner's right in specific partnership property is not subject to attachment or execution, except on a claim against the partnership. When partnership property is attached for a partnership debt, the partners, or any of them, or the representatives of a deceased partner, cannot claim any right under exemption laws.
(4) On the death of a partner, his right in specific partnership property vests in the surviving partners, unless he was the last surviving partner, in which case his right in the property vests in his legal representative. The surviving partners have, or the legal representative of the last surviving partner has, no right to possess the partnership property for any but a partnership purpose. This division is subject to the procedures set forth in Chapter 1779. of the Revised Code.
(5) A partner's right in specific partnership property is not subject to dower, any statutory interest of a surviving spouse, heirs, or next of kin, or any allowance to a surviving spouse, minor children, or both a surviving spouse and minor children, including, but not limited to, the allowance for support under section 2106.13 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 05-31-1990; 2008 HB332 01-01-2010Section: Previous 1775.17 1775.18 1775.19 1775.20 1775.21 1775.22 1775.23 1775.24 1775.25 1775.26 1775.27 1775.28 1775.29 1775.30 1775.31 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016