(A) No person shall commit a specified offense with purpose to do any of the following:
(1) Intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(2) Influence the policy of any government by intimidation or coercion;
(3) Affect the conduct of any government by the specified offense.
(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of terrorism.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (B)(3) and (4) of this section, terrorism is an offense one degree higher than the most serious underlying specified offense the defendant committed.
(3) If the most serious underlying specified offense the defendant committed is a felony of the first degree or murder, the person shall be sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.
(4) If the most serious underlying specified offense the defendant committed is aggravated murder, the offender shall be sentenced to life imprisonment without parole or death pursuant to sections 2929.02 to 2929.06 of the Revised Code.
(5) Section 2909.25 of the Revised Code applies regarding an offender who is convicted of or pleads guilty to a violation of this section.
Effective Date: 05-15-2002Section: Previous 2909.13 2909.14 2909.15 2909.16-to-2909.20 2909.21 2909.22 2909.23 2909.24 2909.25 2909.26 2909.27 2909.28 2909.29 2909.30 2909.31 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016