(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, a court shall not issue a final decree of adoption or finalize an interlocutory order of adoption unless the mother placing the minor for adoption or the agency or attorney arranging the adoption files with the court a certified document provided by the department of job and family services under section 3107.063 of the Revised Code. The court shall not accept the document unless the date the department places on the document pursuant to that section is sixteen or more days after the date of the minor's birth.
(B) The document described in division (A) of this section is not required if any of the following apply:
(1) The mother was married at the time the minor was conceived or born;
(2) The parent placing the minor for adoption previously adopted the minor;
(3) Prior to the date a petition to adopt the minor is filed, a man has been determined to have a parent and child relationship with the minor by a court proceeding pursuant to sections 3111.01 to 3111.18 of the Revised Code, a court proceeding in another state, an administrative agency proceeding pursuant to sections 3111.38 to 3111.54 of the Revised Code, or an administrative agency proceeding in another state;
(4) The minor's father acknowledged paternity of the minor and that acknowledgment has become final pursuant to section 2151.232, 3111.25, or 3111.821 of the Revised Code;
(5) A public children services agency has permanent custody of the minor pursuant to Chapter 2151. or division (B) of section 5103.15 of the Revised Code after both parents lost or surrendered parental rights, privileges, and responsibilities over the minor.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 250, §1, eff. 3/23/2015.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001Section: Previous 3107.061 3107.0611 3107.0612 3107.0613 3107.0614 3107.062 3107.063 3107.064 3107.065 3107.066 3107.067 3107.068 3107.069 3107.07 3107.071 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016