(A) The department of health, in consultation with the children's trust fund board established under section 3109.15 of the Revised Code and any bodies acting as child fatality review boards on October 5, 2000, shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that establish a procedure for county or regional child fatality review boards to follow in conducting a review of the death of a child. The rules shall do all of the following:
(1) Establish the format for the annual reports required by section 307.626 of the Revised Code;
(2) Establish guidelines for a county or regional child fatality review board to follow in compiling statistics for annual reports so that the reports do not contain any information that would permit any person's identity to be ascertained from a report;
(3) Establish guidelines for a county or regional child fatality review board to follow in creating and maintaining the comprehensive database of child deaths required by section 307.623 of the Revised Code, including provisions establishing uniform record-keeping procedures;
(4) Establish guidelines for reporting child fatality review data to the department of health or a national child death review database, either of which must maintain the confidentiality of information that would permit a person's identity to be ascertained;
(5) Establish guidelines, materials, and training to help educate members of county or regional child fatality review boards about the purpose of the review process and the confidentiality of the information described in section 307.629 of the Revised Code and to make them aware that such information is not a public record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code.
(B) On or before the thirtieth day of September of each year, the department of health and the children's trust fund board jointly shall prepare and publish a report organizing and setting forth the data from the department of health child death review database or the national child death review database, data in all the reports provided by county or regional child fatality review boards in their annual reports for the previous calendar year, and recommendations for any changes to law and policy that might prevent future deaths. The department and the children's trust fund board jointly shall provide a copy of the report to the governor, the speaker of the house of representatives, the president of the senate, the minority leaders of the house of representatives and the senate, each county or regional child fatality review board, and each county or regional family and children first council.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 10-05-2000Section: Previous 3701.032 3701.033 3701.04 3701.041 3701.042 3701.043 3701.044 3701.045 3701.046 3701.047 3701.048 3701.05 3701.06 3701.07 3701.071 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016