(A) As used in this section, "electronic wireless communications device" has the same meaning as in section 4509.103 of the Revised Code.
(B) Proof of financial responsibility when required under section 4509.101, 4509.33, 4509.34, 4509.38, 4509.40, 4509.42, 4509.44, or 4510.038 of the Revised Code may be given by filing any of the following:
(1) A financial responsibility identification card as provided in section 4509.104 of the Revised Code;
(2) A certificate of insurance as provided in section 4509.46 or 4509.47 of the Revised Code;
(3) A bond as provided in section 4509.59 of the Revised Code;
(4) A certificate of deposit of money or securities as provided in section 4509.62 of the Revised Code;
(5) A certificate of self-insurance, as provided in section 4509.72 of the Revised Code, supplemented by an agreement by the self-insurer that, with respect to accidents occurring while the certificate is in force, the self-insurer will pay the same amounts that an insurer would have been obligated to pay under an owner's motor vehicle liability policy if it had issued such a policy to the self-insurer.
(C) When proof of financial responsibility is required to be given under section 4509.101 of the Revised Code, such proof also may be given through use of an electronic wireless communications device as provided in that section.
(D) Proof under division (B) of this section shall be filed and maintained for five years from the date of the registrar's imposition of a class A, B, or C suspension of operating privileges and shall be filed and maintained for three years from the date of the registrar's imposition of a class D, E, or F suspension of operating privileges. Proof of financial responsibility that is required to be filed and maintained with the registrar during a period of suspension of operating privileges described in this division shall not be given through the use of an electronic wireless communications device.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 255, §1, eff. 3/23/2015.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004Section: Previous 4509.38 4509.39 4509.40 4509.41 4509.42 4509.43 4509.44 4509.45 4509.46 4509.47 4509.48 4509.49 4509.50 4509.51 4509.52 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016