(A) No person shall practice or offer to practice dentistry or dental surgery under the name of any company, association, corporation , or other entity other than one of the following:
(1) A corporation-for-profit formed under Chapter 1701. of the Revised Code ;
(2) A professional association established under Chapter 1785. of the Revised Code ;
(3) A limited liability company formed under Chapter 1705. of the Revised Code ;
(4) A federally qualified health center, federally qualified health center look-alike, free clinic, nonprofit shelter or health care facility, or nonprofit clinic that provides health care services or dental services to indigent and uninsured persons.
(B) Any person practicing or offering to practice dentistry or dental surgery shall do so under the person's name , the name of a professional association, professional partnership, corporation-for-profit, or limited liability company that includes the person's name, or the name of an organization specified in division (A)(4) of this section.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Federally qualified health center" and "federally qualified health center look-alike" have the same meanings as in section 3701.047 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Free clinic" and "nonprofit shelter or health care facility" have the same meanings as in section 3701.071 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Nonprofit clinic" has the same meaning as in section 3715.87 of the Revised Code.
(4) "Indigent and uninsured person" has the same meaning as in section 2305.234 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Effective Date: 07-01-1994Section: Previous 4715.12 4715.13 4715.14 4715.141 4715.15 4715.16 4715.17 4715.18 4715.19 4715.20 4715.21 4715.22 4715.23 4715.231 4715.24 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016