(A) If the state board of pharmacy establishes and maintains a drug database pursuant to section 4729.75 of the Revised Code, each pharmacy licensed as a terminal distributor of dangerous drugs that dispenses drugs to patients in this state and is included in the types of pharmacies specified in rules adopted under section 4729.84 of the Revised Code shall submit to the board the following prescription information:
(1) Terminal distributor identification;
(2) Patient identification;
(3) Prescriber identification;
(4) Date prescription was issued by prescriber;
(5) Date drug was dispensed;
(6) Indication of whether the drug dispensed is new or a refill;
(7) Name, strength, and national drug code of the drug dispensed;
(8) Quantity of drug dispensed;
(9) Number of days' supply of drug dispensed;
(10) Serial or prescription number assigned by the terminal distributor;
(11) Source of payment for the drug dispensed.
(1) The information shall be transmitted as specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4729.84 of the Revised Code.
(2) The information shall be submitted electronically in the format specified by the board, except that the board may grant a waiver allowing the distributor to submit the information in another format.
(3) The information shall be submitted in accordance with any time limits specified by the board, except that the board may grant an extension if either of the following occurs:
(a) The distributor suffers a mechanical or electronic failure, or cannot meet the deadline for other reasons beyond the distributor's control.
(b) The board is unable to receive electronic submissions.
(C) This section does not apply to a prescriber personally furnishing or administering dangerous drugs to the prescriber's patient.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.19, HB 93, §1, eff. 5/20/2011.
Effective Date: 05-18-2005Section: Previous 4729.66 4729.67 4729.68 4729.69 4729.70 4729.75 4729.76 4729.77 4729.78 4729.79 4729.80 4729.81 4729.82 4729.83 4729.84 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016