(A) The public utilities commission shall adopt rules applicable to all of the following:
(1) The transportation of persons or property by motor carriers operating in interstate and intrastate commerce ;
(2) The highway transportation and offering for transportation of hazardous materials by motor carriers, and persons engaging in the highway transportation and offering for transportation of hazardous materials, operating in interstate or intrastate commerce;
(3) The use and interchange of intermodal equipment, as those terms are defined in section 4923.041 of the Revised Code.
(B) The rules adopted under division (A) of this section shall not be incompatible with the requirements of the United States department of transportation.
(C) To achieve the purposes of this chapter and to assist the commission in the performance of any of its powers or duties, the commission, either through the public utilities commissioners or employees authorized by it, may do either or both of the following:
(1) Apply for, and any judge of a court of record of competent jurisdiction may issue, an appropriate search warrant;
(2) Examine under oath, at the offices of the commission, any officer, agent, or employee of any person subject to this chapter. The commission, by subpoena, also may compel the attendance of a witness for the purpose of the examination and, by subpoena duces tecum, may compel the production of all books, contracts, records, and documents that relate to compliance with this chapter or compliance with rules adopted under this chapter.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 6/11/2012.Section: Previous 4923.01 4923.02 4923.04 4923.041 4923.06 4923.07 4923.09 4923.11 4923.15 4923.99 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016