(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Child" includes both of the following:
(a) An infant, toddler, or preschool age child;
(b) A school-age child who is not enrolled in a public or nonpublic school but is enrolled in a child day-care center, type A family day-care home, or licensed type B family day-care home or receives child care from a certified in-home aide.
(2) "In the process of being immunized" means having received at least the first dose of an immunization sequence and complying with the immunization intervals or catch-up schedule prescribed by the director of health.
(B) Except as provided in division (C) of this section, not later than thirty days after enrollment in a child day-care center, type A family day-care home, or licensed type B family day-care home and every thirteen months thereafter while enrolled in the center or home and not later than thirty days after beginning to receive child care from a certified in-home aide and every thirteen months thereafter while continuing to receive child care from the aide, each child's caretaker parent shall provide to the center, home, or in-home aide a medical statement, as described in division (D) of this section, indicating that the child has been immunized against or is in the process of being immunized against all of the following diseases:
(1) Chicken pox;
(3) Haemophilus influenzae type b;
(4) Hepatitis A;
(5) Hepatitis B;
(10) Pneumococcal disease;
(1) A child is not required to be immunized against a disease specified in division (B) of this section if any of the following is the case:
(a) Immunization against the disease is medically contraindicated for the child;
(b) The child's parent or guardian has declined to have the child immunized against the disease for reasons of conscience, including religious convictions;
(c) Immunization against the disease is not medically appropriate for the child's age.
(2) In the case of influenza, a child is not required to be immunized against the disease if the seasonal vaccine is not available.
(1) The medical statement shall include all of the following information:
(a) The dates that a child received immunizations against each of the diseases specified in division (B) of this section;
(b) Whether a child is subject to any of the exceptions specified in division (C) of this section.
(2) The medical statement shall include a component where a parent or guardian may indicate that the parent or guardian has declined to have the child immunized.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 394, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.Section: Previous 5104.01 5104.012 5104.013 5104.014 5104.015 5104.016 5104.017 5104.018 5104.019 5104.0110 5104.0111 5104.0112 5104.02 5104.021 5104.022 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016