(A) Publicly funded child care may be provided only by the following:
(1) Any of the following licensed by the department of job and family services pursuant to section 5104.03 of the Revised Code or pursuant to rules adopted under section 5104.018 of the Revised Code:
(a) A child day-care center, including a parent cooperative child day-care center;
(b) A type A family day-care home, including a parent cooperative type A family day-care home;
(c) A licensed type B family day-care home.
(2) An in-home aide who has been certified by the county department of job and family services pursuant to section 5104.12 of the Revised Code;
(3) A child day camp approved pursuant to section 5104.22 of the Revised Code;
(4) A licensed preschool program;
(5) A licensed school child program;
(6) A border state child care provider, except that a border state child care provider may provide publicly funded child care only to an individual who resides in an Ohio county that borders the state in which the provider is located.
(B) Publicly funded child day-care may be provided in a child's own home only by an in-home aide.
(C) Beginning July 1, 2020, publicly funded child care may be provided only by a provider that is rated through the step up to quality program established pursuant to section 5104.29 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.128, SB 316, §120.01, eff. 1/1/2014.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.128, SB 316, §101.01, eff. 9/24/2012.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000; 05-18-2005; 09-21-2006Section: Previous 5104.20 5104.21 5104.22 5104.25 5104.29 5104.30 5104.301 5104.31 5104.32 5104.33 5104.34 5104.341 5104.35 5104.36 5104.37 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016