(A) To the extent permitted by section 307.982 of the Revised Code, a board of county commissioners may enter into a written contract with a private or government entity for the entity to do either or both of the following for the county's prevention, retention, and contingency program:
(1) Certify eligibility for benefits and services that do not have a financial need eligibility requirement;
(2) Accept applications and determine and verify eligibility for benefits and services that have a financial need eligibility requirement.
(B) If a board of county commissioners enters into a contract under division (A) of this section with a private or government entity, the county department of job and family services shall do all of the following:
(1) Ensure that eligibility for benefits and services is certified or determined and verified in accordance with the statement of policies adopted under section 5108.04 of the Revised Code;
(2) Ensure that the private or government entity maintains all records that are necessary for audits;
(3) Monitor the private or government entity for compliance with Title IV-A, this chapter of the Revised Code, and the statement of policies;
(4) Take actions that are necessary to recover any funds that are not spent in accordance with Title IV-A or this chapter of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003Section: Previous 5108.01 5108.02 5108.03 5108.04 5108.05 5108.051 5108.06 5108.07 5108.08 5108.09 5108.10 5108.11 5108.12 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016