(A) A county board of developmental disabilities shall not enter into a direct services contract unless the contract is limited either to the actual amount of the expenses or to a reasonable and allowable amount projected by the board.
(B) A county board shall not enter into a direct services contract that would result in payment to a board member, former board member, employee, former employee, or member of the immediate family of a board member, former board member, employee, or former employee if the person who would receive services under the contract stands to receive any preferential treatment or any unfair advantage over other eligible persons.
(C) A county board shall not enter into a direct services contract for services provided in accordance with section 5126.11 or sections 5126.40 to 5126.46 of the Revised Code under which an individual, agency, or other entity will employ an individual who is also an employee of that county board unless all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The employee is not in a capacity to influence the award of the contract.
(2) The employee has not attempted in any manner to secure the contract on behalf of the individual, agency, or other entity.
(3) The employee is not employed in management level two or three according to rules adopted by the director of developmental disabilities and does not provide service and support administration.
(4) The employee is not employed by the board during the period when the contract is developed as an administrator or supervisor responsible for approving or supervising services to be provided under the contract and agrees not to take such a position while the contract is in effect, regardless of whether the position is related to the services provided under the contract.
(5) The employee has not taken any actions that create the need for the services to be provided under the contract.
(6) The individual, agency, or other entity seeks the services of the employee because of the employee's expertise and familiarity with the care and condition of one or more eligible persons and other individuals with such expertise and familiarity are unavailable, or an eligible person has requested to have the services provided by that employee.
The superintendent of the county board shall notify the employee and the individual, agency, or other entity that seeks the employee's services of the ethics council's determination under section 5126.032 of the Revised Code regarding the contract. The council's determination shall be binding on all parties.
The employee who is the subject of the contract shall inform the superintendent of the county board of any employment the employee has outside the county board that is with any individual, agency, or other entity that has a contract with the county board.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.127, SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 12-13-2001; 2005 SB10 09-05-2005Section: Previous 5126.0220 5126.0221 5126.0222 5126.0222-2 5126.03 5126.031 5126.032 5126.033 5126.034 5126.035 5126.036 5126.037 5126.038 5126.04 5126.041 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016