(A) A county board of developmental disabilities may use the following funds to pay the nonfederal share of the medicaid expenditures that the county board is required by sections 5126.059 and 5126.0510 of the Revised Code to pay:
(1) To the extent consistent with the levy that generated the taxes, the following taxes:
(a) Taxes levied pursuant to division (L) of section 5705.19 of the Revised Code and section 5705.222 of the Revised Code;
(b) Taxes levied under section 5705.191 of the Revised Code that the board of county commissioners allocates to the county board.
(2) Funds that the department of developmental disabilities distributes to the county board under section 5126.18 of the Revised Code and for purposes of the family support services program established under section 5126.11 of the Revised Code;
(3) Earned federal revenue funds the county board receives for medicaid services the county board provides pursuant to the county board's valid medicaid provider agreement;
(4) Funds that the department of developmental disabilities distributes to the county board as subsidy payments;
(5) In the case of medicaid expenditures for home and community-based services, funds allocated to or otherwise made available for the county board under section 5123.0416 of the Revised Code to pay the nonfederal share of such medicaid expenditures.
(B) Each year, each county board shall adopt a resolution specifying the amount of funds it will use in the next year to pay the nonfederal share of the medicaid expenditures that the county board is required by sections 5126.059 and 5126.0510 of the Revised Code to pay. The amount specified shall be adequate to assure that the services for which the medicaid expenditures are made will be available in the county in a manner that conforms to all applicable state and federal laws. A county board shall state in its resolution that the payment of the nonfederal share represents an ongoing financial commitment of the county board. A county board shall adopt the resolution in time for the county auditor to make the determination required by division (C) of this section.
(C) Each year, a county auditor shall determine whether the amount of funds a county board specifies in the resolution it adopts under division (B) of this section will be available in the following year for the county board to pay the nonfederal share of the medicaid expenditures that the county board is required by sections 5126.059 and 5126.0510 of the Revised Code to pay. The county auditor shall make the determination not later than the last day of the year before the year in which the funds are to be used.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.28, SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 2007 HB119 07-01-2007Section: Previous 5126.054 5126.055 5126.056 5126.057 5126.058 5126.059 5126.0510 5126.0511 5126.0512 5126.06 5126.07 5126.071 5126.08 5126.081 5126.082 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016