There is hereby created in the state treasury the health care services administration fund. Except as provided in division (C) of this section, all the following shall be deposited into the fund:
(1) Amounts deposited into the fund pursuant to sections 5162.12, 5162.40, and 5162.41 of the Revised Code;
(2) The amount of the state share of all money the department of medicaid recovers each fiscal year pursuant to a tort action under the department's right of recovery under section 5160.37 of the Revised Code that exceeds the state share of all money the department, in fiscal year 2002, recovers pursuant to a tort action under that right of recovery;
(3) Subject to division (B) of this section, the amount of the state share of all money the department of medicaid, in fiscal year 2003 and each fiscal year thereafter, recovers through audits of medicaid providers that exceeds the state share of all money the department, in fiscal year 2002, recovers through such audits;
(4) Amounts from assessments on hospitals under section 5168.06 of the Revised Code and intergovernmental transfers by governmental hospitals under section 5168.07 of the Revised Code that are deposited into the fund in accordance with the law;
(5) Amounts that the department of education pays to the department of medicaid, if any, pursuant to an interagency agreement authorized by section 5162.363 of the Revised Code;
(6) The application fees charged to providers under section 5164.31 of the Revised Code;
(7) The fines collected under section 5165.1010 of the Revised Code;
(8) Money the department receives in a fiscal year for performing eligibility verification services necessary for compliance with the independent, certified audit requirement of 42 C.F.R. 455.304, other than the amounts of such money that are to be credited to the health care/medicaid support and recoveries fund under section 5162.52 of the Revised Code.
(B) In determining under division (A)(3) of this section the amount of money the department, in a fiscal year, recovers through audits of medicaid providers, the amount recovered in the form of vendor offset shall be excluded.
(C) The department of medicaid shall use funds available in the health care services administration fund to pay for costs associated with the administration of the medicaid program.
Renumbered from § 5111.94 by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003; 2008 HB562 06-24-2008Section: Previous 5162.365 5162.37 5162.371 5162.40 5162.41 5162.50 5162.52 5162.54 5162.56 5162.58 5162.60 5162.62 5162.64 5162.66 5162.70 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016