(A) The medicaid director may do the following for any reason permitted or required by federal law and when the director determines that the action is in the best interests of medicaid recipients or the state:
(1) Deny, refuse to revalidate, suspend, or terminate a provider agreement;
(2) Exclude an individual, provider of services or goods, or other entity from participation in the medicaid program.
(B) No individual, provider, or entity excluded from participation in the medicaid program under this section shall do any of the following:
(1) Own, or provide services to, any other medicaid provider or risk contractor;
(2) Arrange for, render, or order services for medicaid recipients during the period of exclusion;
(3) During the period of exclusion, receive direct payments under the medicaid program or indirect payments of medicaid funds in the form of salary, shared fees, contracts, kickbacks, or rebates from or through any other medicaid provider or risk contractor.
(C) An individual, provider, or entity excluded from participation in the medicaid program under this section may request a reconsideration of the exclusion. The director shall adopt rules under section 5164.02 of the Revised Code governing the process for requesting a reconsideration.
(D) Nothing in this section limits the applicability of section 5164.38 of the Revised Code to a medicaid provider.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.Section: Previous 5164.20 5164.25 5164.26 5164.30 5164.301 5164.31 5164.32 5164.33 5164.34 5164.341 5164.342 5164.35 5164.36 5164.37 5164.38 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016