The compensation, damages, and costs of township road improvements shall be apportioned and paid in any of the following methods, as set forth in the petition:
(A) Any part thereof shall be assessed against:
(1) The real estate abutting upon said improvement;
(2) The real estate situated within one-half mile of either side thereof;
(3) The real estate situated within one mile of either side thereof, according to the benefits accruing to such real estate;
(B) Any balance shall be paid:
(1) From the proceeds of any levy for road purposes upon the grand duplicate of all the taxable property in the township;
(2) From any funds in the township treasury available therefor.
When the board of township trustees acts by unanimous vote without the filing of a petition, as permitted by division (A) of section 5571.15 of the Revised Code, the board shall set forth in its resolution that declares the necessity for the improvement the method of apportioning and paying the compensation, damages, and costs of the improvement, which may be any one of the methods provided in this section.
When the board acts by majority vote as permitted by division (B) of section 5571.15 of the Revised Code, the board shall set forth in its resolution the method of paying the compensation, damages, and costs of the improvement, which may be by either of the methods provided in division (B) of this section.
Effective Date: 03-12-2001Section: Previous 5573.01 5573.02 5573.03-to-5573.05 5573.06 5573.07 5573.08 5573.09 5573.10 5573.11 5573.12 5573.13 5573.14 5573.15 5573.21 5573.211 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016