(1) Upon receiving the statement required by section 5715.25 of the Revised Code, the county auditor shall forthwith add to or deduct from each tract, lot, or parcel of real property or class of real property the required percentage or amount of the valuation thereof, adding or deducting any sum less than five dollars so that the value of any separate tract, lot, or parcel of real property shall be ten dollars or some multiple thereof.
(2) After making the additions or deductions required by this section, the auditor shall transmit to the tax commissioner the appropriate adjusted abstract of the real property of each taxing district in the auditor's county in which an adjustment was required.
(3) If the commissioner increases or decreases the aggregate value of the real property or any class thereof in any county or taxing district thereof and does not receive within ninety days thereafter an adjusted abstract conforming to its statement for such county or taxing district therein, the commissioner shall withhold from such county or taxing district therein fifty per cent of its share in the distribution of state revenues to local governments pursuant to sections 5747.50 to 5747.55 of the Revised Code and shall direct the department of education to withhold therefrom fifty per cent of state revenues to school districts pursuant to Chapter 3317. of the Revised Code. The commissioner shall withhold the distribution of such funds until such county auditor has complied with this division, and the department shall withhold the distribution of such funds until the commissioner has notified the department that such county auditor has complied with this division.
(1) If the commissioner's determination is appealed under section 5715.251 of the Revised Code, the county auditor, treasurer, and all other officers shall forthwith proceed with the levy and collection of the current year's taxes in the manner prescribed by law. The taxes shall be determined and collected as if the commissioner had determined under section 5715.24 of the Revised Code that the real property and the various classes thereof in the county as shown in the auditor's abstract were assessed for taxation and the true and agricultural use values were recorded on the agricultural land tax list as required by law.
(2) If as a result of the appeal to the board it is finally determined either that all real property and the various classes thereof have not been assessed as required by law or that the values set forth in the agricultural land tax list do not correctly reflect the true and agricultural use values of the lands contained therein, the county auditor shall forthwith add to or deduct from each tract, lot, or parcel of real property or class of real property the required percentage or amount of the valuation in accordance with the order of the board or judgment of the court to which the board's order was appealed, and the taxes on each tract, lot, or parcel and the percentages required by section 319.301 of the Revised Code shall be recomputed using the valuation as finally determined. The order or judgment making the final determination shall prescribe the time and manner for collecting, crediting, or refunding the resultant increases or decreases in taxes.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 7/17/2009.
Effective Date: 01-01-1986Section: Previous 5715.20 5715.21 5715.22 5715.23 5715.24 5715.25 5715.251 5715.26 5715.27 5715.271 5715.28 5715.29 5715.30 5715.31 5715.32 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016