(A) As used in this section, "health facility" means both of the following:
(1) A hospital, as defined in section 3727.01 of the Revised Code;
(2) A facility other than a hospital, as defined in section 3727.01 of the Revised Code, where medical care and preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, or palliative items or services are provided to outpatients by or under the direction of a physician or dentist.
(B) The legislative authority of a municipal corporation or a board of hospital commissioners established under section 749.04 of the Revised Code may purchase, acquire, lease, appropriate, or construct a health facility in another municipal corporation to serve as a branch of a hospital erected under sections 749.02 to 749.14 of the Revised Code. The health facility may include office space for physicians. The facility shall be operated pursuant to the law that regulates the operation of the hospital.
(C) When a proposal to establish a health facility in another municipal corporation is made by a board of hospital commissioners, all of the following apply:
(1) The board shall give written notice to the legislative authority of its municipal corporation and to the legislative authority of the municipal corporation where the facility is to be located. The legislative authority of the municipal corporation where the facility is to be located, by resolution adopted within forty days after receipt of the notice, may object to the proposed facility. The resolution shall include an explanation of the objection and may make any recommendations the legislative authority considers necessary. The legislative authority shall send a copy of the resolution to the board of hospital commissioners and the legislative authority of the municipal corporation that proposes to locate the facility in the other municipal corporation.
(2) Except as provided in division (B)(3) of this section, the board of hospital commissioners may establish and operate the facility, unless the legislative authority of the municipal corporation proposing to locate the facility in the other municipal corporation, not later than twenty days after receiving a resolution of objection from the other legislative authority pursuant to division (B)(1) of this section, adopts a resolution denying the board the right to establish the facility.
(3) If the legislative authority of a municipal corporation provides a subsidy for uncompensated care to a board of hospital commissioners, the board may establish and operate the health facility only if that legislative authority approves the establishment of the facility.
Effective Date: 04-27-2005Section: Previous 749.01 749.02 749.021 749.03 749.04 749.05 749.06 749.07 749.08 749.081 749.082 749.083 749.084 749.09 749.10 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016