(A) An owner of land that is enrolled in an agricultural security area may do either or both of the following:
(1) Request approval from each board of township trustees and each board of county commissioners that adopted a resolution approving the establishment of the agricultural security area to operate any business that does not impair the owner's ability to engage in agriculture and does not cause the land to become ineligible for valuation and assessment for real property tax purposes in accordance with its current agricultural use value under sections 5713.30 to 5713.38 of the Revised Code;
(2) Develop, authorize the development of, or, for the purpose of developing, transfer ownership of a portion of the owner's land within the agricultural security area for constructing or otherwise establishing a single-family residence for an individual who is related by consanguinity or by affinity to the owner. Not more than one such residence shall be constructed per each forty acres of the owner's land within the agricultural security area.
(1) To obtain approval to operate a business under division (A)(1) of this section, a person shall send a written request, by certified mail, to each appropriate board of township trustees and each appropriate board of county commissioners. The request shall contain all of the following:
(a) A description of the proposed business;
(b) A description of the intended location of the business;
(c) A description of the intended size of the business;
(d) If applicable, a detailed description of any construction, renovation, or excavation that will occur for purposes of the proposed business.
(2) Not later than thirty days after receipt of a request under division (B)(1) of this section, a board shall adopt a resolution either approving or rejecting the request. If the board approves the request, the board shall send a copy of the resolution approving the request to each of the following not later than thirty days after adopting the resolution:
(a) The director of agriculture;
(b) Each appropriate county auditor;
(c) The person requesting the business.
(3) If all of the appropriate boards of township trustees and boards of county commissioners adopt a resolution approving the request to operate a business, the person making the request may establish the requested business.
(C) The amount of land that is used for either purpose authorized under division (A) of this section shall be included when determining if the acreage requirement established under division (B) of section 931.02 of the Revised Code is satisfied.
Effective Date: 05-18-2005; 2008 SB289 07-18-2008Section: Previous 931.01 931.01-2 931.02 931.02-2 931.03 931.04 931.05 931.06 931.07 931.08 931.09 931.99 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016