As used in ORS 105.672 to 105.696:
(a) Means the admission price or fee requested or expected by an owner in return for granting permission for a person to enter or go upon the owner’s land.
(b) Does not mean any amount received from a public body in return for granting permission for the public to enter or go upon the owner’s land.
(2) “Harvest” has that meaning given in ORS 164.813.
(3) “Land” includes all real property, whether publicly or privately owned.
(4) “Owner” means the possessor of any interest in any land, including but not limited to possession of a fee title. “Owner” includes a tenant, lessee, occupant or other person in possession of the land.
(5) “Recreational purposes” includes, but is not limited to, outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, nature study, outdoor educational activities, waterskiing, winter sports, viewing or enjoying historical, archaeological, scenic or scientific sites or volunteering for any public purpose project.
(6) “Special forest products” has that meaning given in ORS 164.813.
(7) “Woodcutting” means the cutting or removal of wood from land by an individual who has obtained permission from the owner of the land to cut or remove wood. [1995 c.456 §1; 2007 c.372 §1]
Note: Section 2, chapter 372, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 2. The amendments to ORS 105.672 by section 1 of this 2007 Act apply to an entry or going upon land by the public on or after the effective date of this 2007 Act [June 12, 2007], regardless of whether the owner in return receives an amount from a public body before, on or after the effective date of this 2007 Act. [2007 c.372 §2]Section: Previous 105.647 105.648 105.649 105.655 105.660 105.665 105.670 105.672 105.675 105.676 105.677 105.680 105.682 105.685 105.687 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008