(1) When a responding tribunal of this state receives a petition or comparable pleading from an initiating tribunal or directly pursuant to ORS 110.342 (3), the responding tribunal shall cause the petition or pleading to be filed and notify the petitioner by first-class mail, electronic mail or facsimile, where and when it was filed.
(2) A responding tribunal of this state, to the extent otherwise authorized by law, may do one or more of the following:
(a) Issue or enforce a support order, modify a child support order or render a judgment to determine parentage;
(b) Order an obligor to comply with a support order, specifying the amount and the manner of compliance;
(c) Order income withholding;
(d) Determine the amount of any arrearages, and specify a method of payment;
(e) Enforce orders by civil or criminal contempt, or both;
(f) Set aside property for satisfaction of the support order;
(g) Place liens and order execution on an obligorís property;
(h) Order an obligor to keep the tribunal informed of the obligorís current residential address, telephone number, employer, address of employment and telephone number at the place of employment;
(i) Issue a warrant for an obligor who has failed after proper notice to appear at a hearing ordered by the tribunal and enter the warrant in any local and state computer system for criminal warrants;
(j) Order the obligor to seek appropriate employment by specified methods;
(k) Award reasonable attorney fees and other fees and costs; and
(L) Grant any other available remedy.
(3) A responding tribunal of this state shall include in a support order issued under this chapter, or in the documents accompanying the order, the calculations on which the support order is based.
(4) A responding tribunal of this state may not condition the payment of a support order issued under this chapter upon compliance by a party with provisions for parenting time.
(5) If a responding tribunal of this state issues an order under this chapter, the tribunal shall send a copy of the order by first-class mail to the petitioner and the respondent and to the initiating tribunal, if any. [1993 c.449 §17; 1997 c.707 §26; 1999 c.80 §53]Section: Previous 110.333 110.336 110.339 110.342 110.345 110.348 110.349 110.351 110.354 110.357 110.360 110.363 110.366 110.369 110.372 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008