(1) The physical presence of the petitioner in a responding tribunal of this state is not required for the establishment, enforcement or modification of a support order or the rendition of a judgment determining parentage.
(2) A verified petition, affidavit, document substantially complying with federally mandated forms and a document incorporated by reference in any of them, not excluded under the hearsay rule if given in person, are admissible in evidence if given under oath by a party or witness residing in another state.
(3) A copy of the record of child support payments certified as a true copy of the original by the custodian of the record may be forwarded to a responding tribunal. The copy is evidence of facts asserted in it, and is admissible to show whether payments were made.
(4) Copies of bills for testing for parentage and for prenatal and postnatal health care of the mother and child furnished to the adverse party at least 20 days before trial are admissible in evidence to prove the amount of the charges billed and that the charges were reasonable, necessary and customary.
(5) Documentary evidence transmitted from another state to a tribunal of this state by telephone, telecopier or other means that does not provide an original writing may not be excluded from evidence on an objection based on the means of transmission.
(6) In a proceeding under this chapter, a tribunal of this state may permit a party or witness residing in another state to be deposed or to testify by telephone, audiovisual means or other electronic means at a designated tribunal or other location in that state. A tribunal of this state shall cooperate with tribunals of other states in designating an appropriate location for the deposition or testimony.
(7) A privilege against disclosure of communications between spouses does not apply in a proceeding under this chapter.
(8) The defense of immunity based on the relationship of husband and wife or parent and child does not apply in a proceeding under this chapter. [1993 c.449 §28]Section: Previous 110.366 110.369 110.372 110.375 110.378 110.379 110.381 110.384 110.387 110.390 110.391 110.392 110.393 110.394 110.395 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008