If it is likely that the estate of the protected person will be exhausted before all claims against the estate are paid, the conservator shall give preference in the payment of claims in the following order of priority:
(1) Funds needed for the current care, maintenance and support of the protected person and the dependents of the protected person and claims for the expenses of administration.
(2) Expenses and claims for the care, maintenance and support of the protected person and the dependents of the protected person that are not paid under subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Debts and taxes with preference under federal law.
(4) Taxes with preference under the laws of this state that are due and payable while possession of the estate of the protected person is retained by the conservator.
(5) All other claims against the conservatorship estate. [1995 c.664 §58; 1997 c.717 §7]
(Termination of Proceedings)Section: Previous 125.485 125.490 125.495 125.500 125.505 125.510 125.515 125.520 125.525 125.530 125.535 125.540 125.600 125.605 125.610 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008