(1) The Director of the Department of Corrections shall approve or reject each recommendation under ORS 144.440 or 421.170 for enrollment in the work release program. Rejection by the director of a recommendation does not preclude submission under ORS 421.170 of subsequent recommendations regarding enrollment of the same person.
(2) An inmate may be assigned by the Department of Corrections to participate in an inmate work program, or in education, alcohol and drug treatment or mental health or other specific treatment program to develop independent living skills, without the inmate’s consent.
(3) The director shall promulgate rules for carrying out ORS 144.410 to 144.525 and 421.170.
(4) In approving a recommendation and enrolling a person in the work release program, or in assigning an inmate to participate in an inmate work program or in education, alcohol and drug treatment or mental health or other specific treatment program to develop independent living skills, the director may prescribe any specific conditions that the director finds appropriate to assure compliance by the person with the general procedures and objectives of the work release program.
(5) ORS 183.410 to 183.500 do not apply to actions taken under this section. [1965 c.463 §7; 1973 c.621 §8a; 1973 c.836 §306; 1987 c.320 §70a; 1995 c.384 §5; 1997 c.851 §9]Section: Previous 144.407 144.408 144.409 144.410 144.420 144.430 144.440 144.450 144.460 144.470 144.480 144.490 144.500 144.510 144.515 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008