(1) Any applicant who requests review by the Department of Justice under ORS 147.145 and who disagrees with the decision of the department on review may appeal to the Workers’ Compensation Board.
(2) The request for hearing shall be in writing. The request shall include the applicant’s address, shall be signed by the applicant and shall be mailed to the board.
(3) The board shall conduct a hearing upon at least 10 days’ notice by mail to all interested persons.
(4) A record of all proceedings at the hearing shall be kept but need not be transcribed.
(5) The board is not bound by rules of evidence or by technical or formal rules of procedure, and may conduct the hearing in any manner that will achieve substantial justice. However, no evidence is admissible at a hearing that has not previously been considered by the department. The decision by the board shall be final and shall not be subject to further administrative or judicial review. [1977 c.376 §15a]Section: Previous 147.120 147.125 147.130 147.135 147.140 147.145 147.150 147.155 147.160 147.165 147.170 147.180 147.190 147.200 147.205 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008