As used in this section and ORS 164.162:
(1) “Authorized depository” means a mailbox, post office box or rural box used by postal customers to deposit outgoing mail or used by the Postal Service to deliver incoming mail.
(2) “Mail” means any letter, card, parcel or other material that:
(a) Is sent or delivered by means of the Postal Service;
(b) Has postage affixed by the postal customer or Postal Service or has been accepted for delivery by the Postal Service; and
(c) Is placed in any authorized depository or mail receptacle or given to any Postal Service employee for delivery.
(3) “Mail receptacle” means any location used by the Postal Service or postal customers to place outgoing mail or receive incoming mail.
(4) “Postage” means a Postal Service stamp, permit imprint, meter strip or other authorized indication of prepayment for service provided or authorized by the Postal Service for collection and delivery of mail.
(5) “Postal Service” means the United States Postal Service. [1999 c.920 §1]
Note: 164.160, 164.162 and 164.164 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 164 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 164.115 164.125 164.130 164.132 164.135 164.138 164.140 164.160 164.162 164.164 164.170 164.172 164.174 164.205 164.210 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008