(1) It is unlawful for any person, including a person in the possession or control of any land, to discard any dead animal carcass or part thereof, excrement, putrid, nauseous, noisome, decaying, deleterious or offensive substance into or in any other manner befoul, pollute or impair the quality of any spring, river, brook, creek, branch, well, irrigation drainage ditch, irrigation ditch, cistern or pond of water.
(2) It is unlawful for any person to place or cause to be placed any polluting substance listed in subsection (1) of this section into any road, street, alley, lane, railroad right of way, lot, field, meadow or common. It is unlawful for an owner thereof to knowingly permit any polluting substances to remain in any of the places described in this subsection to the injury of the health or to the annoyance of any citizen of this state. Every 24 hours after conviction for violation of this subsection during which the violator permits the polluting substances to remain is an additional offense against this subsection.
(3) Nothing in this section shall apply to the storage or spreading of manure or like substance for agricultural, silvicultural or horticultural purposes, except that no sewage sludge, septic tank or cesspool pumpings shall be used for these purposes unless treated and applied in a manner approved by the Department of Environmental Quality.
(4) Violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(5) The Department of Environmental Quality may impose the civil penalty authorized by ORS 468.140 for violation of this section. [Formerly 449.105; 1983 c.257 §1; 1987 c.325 §1]Section: Previous 164.730 164.740 164.750 164.760 164.770 164.775 164.780 164.785 164.805 164.810 164.813 164.814 164.815 164.820 164.825 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008