As used in ORS 165.659 to 165.669, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Electronic communication” has the meaning given in ORS 133.721.
(2) “Pen register” means a device which records or decodes electronic or other impulses which identify the numbers dialed or otherwise transmitted on the telephone line to which such device is attached, but does not include any device used by a provider or customer of a provider of electronic or wire communication service for billing or recording as an incident to billing for communications services provided by such provider or any device used by a provider or customer of a wire communication service for cost accounting or other like purposes in the ordinary course of its business.
(3) “Police officer” has the meaning given in ORS 133.525.
(4) “Trap and trace device” means a device which captures the incoming electronic or other impulses which identify the originating number of an instrument or device from which a wire or electronic communication was transmitted.
(5) “Wire communication” has the meaning given in ORS 133.721. [1989 c.983 §15]Section: Previous 165.586 165.605 165.610 165.615 165.620 165.625 165.655 165.657 165.659 165.660 165.661 165.663 165.665 165.667 165.669 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008