(1) If the application for the license is approved, the sheriff shall issue and mail or otherwise deliver to the applicant at the address shown on the application, within 45 days of the application, a wallet sized license bearing the photograph of the licensee. The license must be signed by the licensee and carried whenever the licensee carries a concealed handgun.
(2) Failure of a person who carries a concealed handgun also to carry a concealed handgun license is prima facie evidence that the person does not have such a license.
(3) Licenses for concealed handguns shall be uniform throughout the state in substantially the following form:
OREGON CONCEALED HANDGUN
County ________License Number _____
Expires ________Date of birth ______
Height ________Weight ________
Name _________Address _________
Licensee’s City _____Zip ___ Photograph
Issued by _______________
Date of issue _______________
(4) An Oregon concealed handgun license issued under ORS 166.291 and this section, unless revoked under ORS 166.293, is valid for a period of four years from the date on which it is issued.
(5) The sheriff shall keep a record of each license issued under ORS 166.291 and this section, or renewed pursuant to ORS 166.295.
(6) When a sheriff issues a concealed handgun license under this section, the sheriff shall provide the licensee with a list of those places where carrying concealed handguns is prohibited or restricted by state or federal law. [1989 c.839 §9 (166.291 to 166.293 enacted in lieu of 166.290); 1993 c.625 §5; 1993 c.693 §2; 1993 c.735 §5]Section: Previous 166.275 166.279 166.280 166.281 166.282 166.290 166.291 166.292 166.293 166.295 166.297 166.300 166.310 166.320 166.330 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008