(1) The Governorís Commission on the Law Enforcement Medal of Honor is established consisting of six members appointed by the Governor as follows:
(a) One member shall be a representative of the Governorís office;
(b) One member shall be a representative of the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training;
(c) One member shall be a representative of the Oregon Association Chiefs of Police;
(d) One member shall be a representative of the Oregon State Sheriffsí Association;
(e) One member shall be a representative of a statewide organization of police officers; and
(f) One member shall be a representative of a statewide organization of peace officers.
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The commission shall:
(a) Adopt rules establishing qualifications for nomination as a recipient of the Law Enforcement Medal of Honor;
(b) Meet at least once every six months to consider candidates for nomination for the Law Enforcement Medal of Honor; and
(c) Nominate candidates for the Law Enforcement Medal of Honor.
(4) The Department of Public Safety Standards and Training shall provide staff for the commission.
(5) The commission may seek and accept contributions of funds and assistance from any source for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of ORS 176.260. All funds received by the commission under this subsection shall be paid into the State Treasury and deposited into the Law Enforcement Medal of Honor Account established in ORS 176.264.
(6) A member of the commission is not entitled to compensation nor to reimbursement for travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of duties as a member of the commission. [2005 c.284 §2; 2007 c.329 §1]Section: Previous 176.020 176.030 176.040 176.050 176.110 176.250 176.260 176.262 176.264 176.510 176.610 176.620 176.630 176.650 176.660 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008