(1) During any emergency proclaimed under ORS 176.785, the Governor by executive order may order involuntary curtailments, adjustments or allocations in the supply and consumption of energy resources applicable to all suppliers and consumers. However, the Governor may not order such curtailments, adjustments or allocations which discriminate within any class of consumers. It is the intent of the Legislative Assembly that any such curtailments, adjustments and allocations be ordered and continue only so long as demonstrably necessary for the maintenance of essential services or transportation, or the continued operation of the economy; and that all such curtailments, adjustments and allocations be applied as uniformly as practicable within each class of suppliers and consumers.
(2) Any involuntary curtailments of electrical or natural gas load, pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, shall be made by executive order to the Public Utility Commission of Oregon requiring the commission to implement plans for curtailment adopted pursuant to ORS 757.710 to 757.730.
(3) In addition to orders issued pursuant to subsection (1) of this section, the Governor by executive order may:
(a) Modify transportation routes and schedules as necessary to conserve energy resources to the extent permissible under federal law and regulations.
(b) Specify the times and manner in which energy resources are supplied or consumed, consistent with the restrictions imposed by subsection (1) of this section.
(4) Any restrictions or involuntary curtailments, adjustments or allocations ordered, except those ordered under ORS 176.775 and 176.780, shall give due consideration to the needs of commercial, retail, professional and service establishments whose normal function is to supply goods or services or both of an essential nature including but not limited to food, lodging, fuel, medical care facilities, during times of the day other than conventional daytime working hours.
(5) During an emergency proclaimed under ORS 176.785, the Governor by executive order may prescribe and direct activities promoting the conservation, prevention of waste and salvage of energy resources and the materials, services and facilities derived therefrom or dependent thereon. [1974 c.5 §§9,11]Section: Previous 176.760 176.765 176.770 176.775 176.780 176.785 176.790 176.795 176.800 176.805 176.809 176.810 176.815 176.820 176.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008