(1) There is created in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, an Oregon State Productivity Improvement Revolving Fund. All moneys in the fund are appropriated continuously to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services for making loans, grants, matching funds or cash awards available to state agencies or units for implementation of productivity improvement projects, including training and workforce development, upon authorization of the department, subject to ORS 243.650 to 243.782 when applicable. Interest on earnings of the fund shall be credited to the fund.
(2) The Oregon State Productivity Improvement Revolving Fund shall consist of:
(a) Moneys transferred from the Oregon Department of Administrative Services Operating Fund, as provided in ORS 240.170, in a sum not to exceed $500,000 to establish the fund.
(b) Savings realized from implementation of productivity improvement projects that may include existing and future projects authorized by the department.
(3) Fifty percent of the agency or unit budget savings resulting from improved efficiency shall be credited to the Oregon State Productivity Improvement Revolving Fund to be used for program improvement by the agency or unit. If not used in the biennium in which the savings occur, the amount of credit to an agency or unit may be treated as if it were continuously appropriated to the agency or unit and may be expended in the following biennium without resulting in any budget justification for the agency or unit. Expenditures from the fund are not subject to allotment or other budgetary procedures.
(4) None of the expenditures in a biennium by the agency or unit under this section shall be considered to be within any appropriation or expenditure limitation in the agency’s base budget for the biennium.
(5) A productivity improvement project may include training and employee development authorized by the department and intended to lead to improved productivity.
(6) The department may require a different repayment schedule for training and employee development than for other productivity improvement projects.
(7) Agencies and units shall report to the department quarterly on project implementation, savings realized to date, or projected, and repayment of moneys to the fund. [1989 c.815 §5; 1991 c.385 §89; 1993 c.724 §30; 1995 c.79 §59; 2003 c.55 §3; 2003 c.794 §203]Section: Previous 182.320 182.330 182.340 182.350 182.360 182.365 182.370 182.375 182.380 182.385 182.390 182.395 182.400 182.410 182.415 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008