(1) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall provide on a reimbursable basis administrative and other services, as agreed to, to:
(a) The Department of Corrections;
(b) The Department of Human Services; and
(c) The State Board of Education.
(2) In addition to its duties under subsection (1) of this section, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall provide clerical support to the Energy Facility Siting Council. [1969 c.597 §268; 1987 c.320 §143; 1995 c.551 §9; 1999 c.59 §41]
Note: Section 2, chapter 873, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 2. (1) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall disburse to the Independent Development Enterprise Alliance moneys appropriated to the department for the purposes described in subsection (2) of this section.
(2) The Independent Development Enterprise Alliance shall develop and execute a plan to support community-based programs that assist underserved individuals in removing legal impediments to employment by:
(a) Obtaining or reinstating driver licenses;
(b) Setting aside minor criminal convictions; or
(c) Creating mechanisms to resolve past-due fines, fees and child support obligations.
(3) The plan may give preference to programs that:
(a) Build constructive relationships between communities and the criminal justice system;
(b) Promote community service; and
(c) Establish monitoring programs that measure results.
(4) During a biennium for which the Independent Development Enterprise Alliance receives moneys under subsection (1) of this section, the Independent Development Enterprise Alliance shall report on the plan and its implementation once every six months to:
(a) The judiciary committee in the House of Representatives or other appropriate legislative committee dealing with criminal justice issues, if the Legislative Assembly is convened in regular session; or
(b) The joint legislative interim committee on the judiciary or other appropriate legislative interim committee dealing with issues of criminal justice, if the Legislative Assembly is not in regular session. [2007 c.873 §2]
Note: Section 16, chapter 746, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 16. (1) Pursuant to ORS 286.560 to 286.580 [renumbered 286A.560 to 286A.585], lottery bonds may be issued to fund grants to the Oregon Public Broadcasting Corporation for the purpose of building digital transmission facilities to serve the people of Oregon.
(2) The use of lottery bond proceeds is authorized based on the following findings:
(a) The public broadcasting system in Oregon provides programming designed and selected to assist in the education of viewers in broad areas of knowledge, skill development, finance, recreation, culture, government, history and the arts.
(b) A digital upgrade to the public broadcasting system in Oregon will tie the state together, thereby expanding opportunities for economic growth and employment.
(c) Building of the digital transmission facilities must begin by June 1, 2008, to meet federal transmission requirements in 2009.
(3) The aggregate principal amount of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section may not exceed the sum of $3 million and an additional amount estimated by the State Treasurer to be necessary to pay bond-related costs as defined in ORS 286.560 [renumbered 286A.560]. Lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be issued only at the request of the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(4) The net proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the Public Broadcasting in Oregon Lottery Project Fund, which is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund. Interest earned by the Public Broadcasting in Oregon Lottery Project Fund shall be credited to the fund. The moneys in the Public Broadcasting in Oregon Lottery Project Fund are continuously appropriated to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services for the purpose described in subsection (1) of this section.
(5) The proceeds of the lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be used only for the purpose set forth in subsection (1) of this section and for bond-related costs. [2007 c.746 §16]Section: Previous 184.285 184.305 184.310 184.315 184.325 184.335 184.340 184.345 184.351 184.354 184.355 184.360 184.365 184.400 184.402 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008