(1) There is created within the Oregon Department of Administrative Services a Sustainability Board consisting of the Governor or the Governorís representative and 10 additional members appointed by the Governor. In appointing members, the Governor shall seek to appoint persons from all geographic regions of the state and from all communities who have a demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with people of diverse interests. The Governor shall also seek to appoint members from the following fields who have experience in matters pertinent to the effective operation of the board:
(b) Small business;
(c) Natural resources, community health or economics;
(d) Sustainability; and
(e) Conservation of natural resources.
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on the January 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The members of the board must be residents of this state. Failure of a member to maintain compliance with the eligibility requirements related to the memberís appointment shall result in disqualification from serving on the board.
(4) The appointment of a member of the board is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 and 171.565.
(5) All agencies, departments and officers of this state are directed to assist the board in the performance of its functions and to furnish such information and advice as the members of the board consider necessary to perform their functions. [2007 c.875 §2]Section: Previous 184.413 184.415 184.417 184.420 184.421 184.423 184.425 184.427 184.429 184.430 184.431 184.433 184.435 184.440 184.450 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008