It is the purpose of ORS 184.675, 184.685 to 184.733 and this section:
(1) To provide a means of state financial assistance and coordination to meet the state’s most pressing mobility needs and to make transportation an effective and responsive force in achieving goals for social, economic and environmental development, and conservation of critical resources.
(2) To foster the development of an integrated transportation system in which each component or mode, such as air, bus, rail or para-transit is encouraged to perform in a coordinated and complementary manner with other components or modes, and in balance with the public need and economic and social constraints.
(3) To encourage more effective participation by the private sector in providing coordinated public transportation.
(4) To provide for optimum and broader uses of federal funds as they become available.
(5) To promote the continuation and development of privately owned intercity common carriers of passengers. [1977 c.230 §1]Section: Previous 184.656 184.658 184.660 184.662 184.664 184.666 184.668 184.670 184.675 184.680 184.685 184.689 184.690 184.691 184.695 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008