(1) The Commission on Hispanic Affairs shall be comprised of 11 members, to include two representatives from the Legislative Assembly, one appointed by the President of the Senate, one appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Nine members shall be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate pursuant to section 4, Article III, Oregon Constitution. To the extent possible, members appointed by the Governor shall provide for representation from all areas of the state. All of the members of the commission shall be residents of this state.
(2) Members appointed by the Governor shall serve three-year terms. Legislators shall serve two-year terms.
(3) The commission members shall elect a chairperson and vice chairperson.
(4) A majority of the members of the commission constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5) Appointments to the commission shall be made to ensure representation of Hispanics in Oregon.
(6) Members of the commission who are not legislators shall be paid compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 from funds appropriated to the Oregon Advocacy Commissions Office.
(7) Members of the commission who are legislators shall be paid compensation and expense reimbursement as provided in ORS 171.072, payable from funds appropriated to the Legislative Assembly. [1983 c.132 §2; 1987 c.879 §6; 1991 c.643 §34; 2005 c.818 §6]Section: Previous 185.180 185.190 185.200 185.220 185.225 185.230 185.310 185.320 185.330 185.340 185.350 185.410 185.420 185.430 185.440 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008