As used in ORS 192.005 to 192.170, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Archivist” means the State Archivist.
(2) “Photocopy” includes a photograph, microphotograph and any other reproduction on paper or film in any scale.
(3) “Photocopying” means the process of reproducing, in the form of a photocopy, a public record or writing.
(4) “Political subdivision” means a city, county, district or any other municipal or public corporation in this state.
(5) “Public record” includes, but is not limited to, a document, book, paper, photograph, file, sound recording or machine readable electronic record, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made, received, filed or recorded in pursuance of law or in connection with the transaction of public business, whether or not confidential or restricted in use. “Public record” does not include:
(a) Records of the Legislative Assembly, its committees, officers and employees.
(b) Library and museum materials made or acquired and preserved solely for reference or exhibition purposes.
(c) Records or information concerning the location of archaeological sites or objects as those terms are defined in ORS 358.905.
(d) Extra copies of a document, preserved only for convenience of reference.
(e) A stock of publications.
(f) Messages on voice mail or on other telephone message storage and retrieval systems.
(6) “State agency” means any state officer, department, board, commission or court created by the Constitution or statutes of this state. However, “state agency” does not include the Legislative Assembly or its committees, officers and employees. [1961 c.160 §2; 1965 c.302 §1; 1983 c.620 §11; 1989 c.16 §1; 1999 c.55 §1; 1999 c.140 §1]Section: Previous 192.001 192.005 192.010 192.015 192.020 192.030 192.040 192.050 192.060 192.070 192.072 192.074 192.076 192.080 192.090 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008