In all counties having a population of 100,000 or more, the county treasurer shall:
(1) Credit all fees, moneys received in trust for litigants or other persons and all other public moneys, except tax moneys, to the proper funds.
(2) Keep a trust fund for each public officer receiving money in trust for litigants or other persons.
(3) Pay out money from any such trust fund to the persons entitled to the same upon the order of any such officer.
(4) Receive checks, drafts and money orders for any such officer for collection only.
(5) If a check, draft or money order received under subsection (4) of this section is returned to the treasurer unpaid, charge the same to the account of such officer. [Amended by 1981 c.48 §5; 2005 c.22 §158]Section: Previous 208.040 208.050 208.060 208.070 208.080 208.090 208.100 208.110 208.120 208.130 208.140 208.150 208.160 208.170 208.180 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008