(1) Except as provided in ORS 221.727, when a city council considers it necessary or convenient to sell real property or any interest therein, the city council shall publish a notice of the proposed sale in a newspaper of general circulation in the city, and shall hold a public hearing concerning the sale prior to the sale.
(2) The notice required by subsection (1) of this section shall be published at least once during the week prior to the public hearing required under this section. The notice shall state the time and place of the public hearing, a description of the property or interest to be sold, the proposed uses for the property and the reasons why the city council considers it necessary or convenient to sell the property. Proof of publication of the notice may be made as provided by ORS 193.070.
(3) Not earlier than five days after publication of the notice, the public hearing concerning the sale shall be held at the time and place stated in the notice. Nothing in this section prevents a city council from holding the hearing at any regular or special meeting of the city council as part of its regular agenda.
(4) The nature of the proposed sale and the general terms thereof, including an appraisal or other evidence of the market value of the property, shall be fully disclosed by the city council at the public hearing. Any resident of the city shall be given an opportunity to present written or oral testimony at the hearing.
(5) As used in this section and ORS 221.727, “sale” includes a lease-option agreement under which the lessee has the right to buy the leased real property in accordance with the terms specified in the agreement. [1983 c.216 §1; 2005 c.22 §164]
Note: 221.725 and 221.727 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 221 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 221.630 221.640 221.650 221.655 221.660 221.710 221.720 221.725 221.727 221.730 221.735 221.740 221.745 221.750 221.760 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008