(1) In addition to contracting for health and dental benefit plans, the Public Employees’ Benefit Board may contract with carriers to provide at the expense of participating eligible employees and with or without state participation for coverage, including but not limited to, insurance or other benefit based on life, supplemental medical, supplemental dental, optical, accidental death or disability insurance plans.
(2) The monthly contribution of each eligible employee for other benefit plan or plans coverage, as described in subsection (1) of this section, shall be the total cost per month of the benefit coverage afforded the employee under the plan or plans, for which the employee exercises an option, including the cost of enrollment of such eligible employees and administrative expenses therefor.
(3) For any benefit plan or plans described in subsection (1) of this section in which the state participates, the monthly contribution of each eligible employee for the benefit plan, for which the employee exercises an option and there is state participation, shall be reduced by an amount equal to the portion thereof contributed by the state, including the cost of enrollment of the eligible employee and the administrative expenses therefor.
(4) The board may withdraw approval of any such additional benefit plan coverage in the same manner as it withdraws approval of health benefit plans as described and authorized by ORS 243.145.
(5) If any state agency contracts for any of the benefits described in subsection (1) of this section on behalf of any state employees, the administrative expenses thereof shall be paid by assessment of the participating employees. Such contracts are subject to approval of the board before they become operative. The board may withdraw approval for any such benefit in the same manner as it withdraws approval under ORS 243.145. [1979 c.469 §12; 1997 c.222 §40]Section: Previous 243.250 243.252 243.253 243.255 243.260 243.265 243.270 243.275 243.280 243.285 243.290 243.291 243.295 243.296 243.300 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008